High School Engineering Program
Each year the American Council of Engineering Companies of Minnesota (ACEC/MN) sponsors a High School Engineering Program to introduce students to the field of engineering. The program offers first-hand insights into engineering careers and covers many of the different types of engineering required to design a project including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and geotechnical. We are excited to award a senior in our program with a $500 scholarship!
We will meet Monday nights throughout the fall at a local engineering firm’s office. Each firm will work with students to illustrate how they contribute to an overall project and engage students in a hands-on activity related to their work.
New this year is Technology Night – two nights where students will have the chance to explore new cutting-edge technologies more deeply, such as virtual reality (VR), photogrammetry and modeling software, laser printing, 3D printing, and drone demonstrations, to name a few.
During this program, students will also tour engineering offices and facilities to experience engineering first-hand, including:
- BKBM Engineers (structural engineering)
- Braun Intertec (geotechnical engineering)
- HR Green, Inc. (water treatment/wastewater engineering)
- Isthmus Engineering, Inc. (transportation engineering)
- Kimley-Horn (transit/light rail design)
- Short Elliott Hendrickson, Inc. (modeling/3D printing)
- Ulteig Engineers (renewable energy generation)
- WSB & Associates, Inc. (transportation planning/urban development)
We invite you and your parents to our kick-off event on Monday, September 24 at 7:00 pm at HGA in Minneapolis. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the program and meet the engineering representatives and other explorers. Click here to register or contact Kristine at email@example.com to attend.
For more information, contact the ACEC/MN office at 952-593-5533.