ACEC/MN Connects Kids with Engineering During Engineering Week 2017!
Again in 2017, ACEC/MN members visited local middle and high schools for Engineering Week to inspire the next generation of engineers. Our visits will include a presentation on various engineering disciplines, with images of several member projects, and a hands-on building activity. We've found that hands-on activities, such as building bridges out of K’NEX, work really well to illustrate certain engineering principles. We quickly learned that teenagers also enjoy building and breaking things!
Members of ACEC/MN will visit several classrooms of students in grades 3-12 at the following schools during Engineering Week:
- Como Park High School, St. Paul, MN
- Delano Senior High School, Delano, MN
- Edina High School, Edina, MN
- Highland Park Middle School, St. Paul, MN
- Humboldt High School, St. Paul, MN
- Shakopee Junior High School East, Shakopee, MN
- Shakopee Junior High School West, Shakopee, MN
- The Best Academy, Minneapolis, MN
ACEC/MN staff and volunteers were on hand each day, not only for the presentation and building activity, but also to make sure that we document the enthusiasm in the classrooms with photographs and posts to ACEC/MN’s Twitter account.
See below for photographs taken of our activities and presentations during Engineering Week 2017.