ACEC/MN is no longer accepting scholarship applications for the 2013-14 academic year. Applications were due in the ACEC/MN office by November 2, 2012.
2013-14 Scholarship Application Form
2013-14 Scholarship Recommendation Form
ACEC/MN scholarships are made possible by the generous donations from ACEC member firms as well as firms that participate in the annual softball and golf tournaments. In the fall, the ACEC/MN scholarship committee reviews applications from engineering students around the state. They rank the students based on their leadership skills, academic achievement, school and community activities, work experience and their understanding of the consulting engineering profession. These scholarships are then presented to the top-ranked students at the ACEC/MN Engineering Excellence Awards banquet.
Last year, ACEC/MN awarded 8 scholarships ranging from $2000 - $3500. These scholarships are made possible by donations from ACEC/MN firms. Four special scholarships will be awarded this year:
- $2,500 Don Stormoe Geotechnical Scholarship (to a student with a geotechnical focus)
- $2,500 Braun Intertec (Golf Tournament Title Sponsor)
- The Bob Rosene Scholarship (to a student with a civil focus)
- The top-qualifying candidate will receive the Earl Oxley scholarship
To qualify a student must be:
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in an accredited engineering program or in an accredited land surveying program.
- Must be in an ABET-accedited Master of Science (MS) engineering program.
- Entering their junior, senior, fifth year or pursuing a Master's in the fall of 2013 to qualify.
- U.S. citizen
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship program, please contact Melissa Langowski at email@example.com
2012-13 Scholarship Recipients
- Earl Oxley Scholarship: Lucas Vosen St. Cloud State University, Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
- Bob Rosene Scholarship: Scott Miller U of M – Twin Cities, Civil Engineering
- Don Stormoe Scholarship: Jason Burns Minnesota State University - Mankato, Civil Engineering
- BPK&Z, CPAs & Consultants & Coleman Hull vanVliet Scholarship: Michael Sellner Minnesota State University – Mankato, Mechanical Engineering
- Christine Caouette U of M – Twin Cities, Civil Engineering
- Travis Jensen U of M – Duluth, Civil Engineering
- Madeline Kreuser University of St. Thomas, Electrical Engineering
- Sara Lindberg U of M – Duluth, Civil Engineering
ACEC/MN and affiliate member Hiway Federal Credit Union (Hiway) created a joint endowment strategy designed to sustain funding for the ACEC/MN scholarship program.
Hiway launched the endowment effort with an initial contribution of $5,000, with ACEC/MN matching the amount. But that’s just the beginning of a campaign that has the potential to generate $200,000 in contributions to the fund over the next 10 years.
The development of this fund meets two important scholarship committee goals: the first being the creation of a self-sustaining source for scholarship funds, and the second being a way to make participation in that funding source easily accessible to all members’ firms and their employees.
Hiway’s endowment donations will be triggered by credit union financial transactions, such as loans or deposits, by ACEC/MN member firms or their employees. The larger the value of the ACEC/MN member loans and deposits with Hiway, the greater the endowment contribution.
“Hiway is honored and excited to partner with ACEC/MN in such a meaningful endeavor, with lasting impact,” said Hiway President Jeff Schwalen. “Serving the engineering community in Minnesota has been at Hiway’s very core for over 75 years and the development of an endowment fund is a very exciting way for us to continue to support and serve this industry.”
The endowment fund provides a new way for ACEC/MN members to play an active and impactful role in supporting and sustaining our scholarship program. To learn how you can help support the ACEC/MN Scholarship Endowment by becoming Hiway member call Jason Ledeboer at 651.229.6456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.